Current Rates (2018)
Current water rates went into effect January 1, 2016; see Rate Schedule (2016). Rates are unchanged for 2017 and 2018.
If you have a large water bill because of a leak or some other failure, you may be eligible to have your bill re-computed with a flat rate, spelled out in the Policy on Extraordinary Water Use, which applies to all water bills dated on or after January 31, 2016,
The US Environmental Protection Agency has some very useful information about septic systems on a web page called SepticSmart. You may want to print the one page flyer, “The Dos and Don’ts of Your Septic System“.
You may also want to see the New Mexico Environment Department web page on Liquid Waste Program (Septic Tank Program).
Emergency Contact List
Occasionally we have disruptions in service or other situations where we need to urgently communicate with our members. We are establishing an email list to notify members of water emergencies and other issues in their immediate neighborhood. The list will not be used for any other purpose. The list is voluntary, but we urge you to take advantage of this opportunity. If you wish to be on the list, send your e-mail and street address to email@example.com.
We can also send you an alert as a text message to your cell phone. If you would like that, please send your cell phone number and your carrier (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is some information that may be interest to residents of La Mesa and Sundance Mesa.
- Member Handbook (2018)
- Rate Schedule (2016)
- Policy on Extraordinary Water Use
- Conservation Tips and Tricks
(also known as the Consumer Confidence Report, CCR)
- Water Testing Results 2017
- Water Testing Results 2016
- Notice of Violation – 2014 Collected one sample instead of two
- Water Testing Results 2015
- Notice of Violation – 2014 Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) Failure to Publish and Report
- Water Testing Results 2014
- Water Testing Results 2013
- Water Testing Results 2012
- Water Testing Results 2011
- Water Testing Results 2010
- Water Testing Results 2009
- Water Testing Results 2008
- Water Testing Results 2007
- Water Supply Plan (12-29-2015)
- Water Supply Plan (12-1-2012)
- Water Supply Plan (12-1-2011)
- Water Supply/Demand Analysis (2010)
- Water Supply Options Analysis (2009)
- Water Supply Planning Committee Report (2009)
- Water Use Analysis (2008)
- Water Use Analysis (2007 Revised)
Board of Directors Meeting Schedule
The Board of Directors meet roughly monthly, generally on the first Wednesday of the month, at the Placitas Community Library at 10:00 am. The meetings are open to all members, and those with unresolved complaints or presentations they wish to make are encouraged to attend. The agenda is posted at the mail boxes prior to each meeting.
Times and dates may change to accommodate board members.
- July 11, 2018, 10 AM (Note: 2nd Wednesday, because of holiday)
- August 1, 2018, 10 AM
- September 5, 2018, 10 AM
- October 3, 2018, 10 AM
- November 14, 2018, 10 AM (Note: 2nd Wednesday, because of voting)
- December 5, 2018, 10 AM