Well #3 Arsenic Treatment Project – Public Documents
The following documents are available here to provide background and current information about this critical project.
- New Member Packet (2016) provides an overview of the Coop organization and water system.
- A number of WaterGrams have discussed this Well #3 project:
- Presentation to Sundance Mesa HOA Annual Meeting – January 27, 2016 is a one page presentation, with a section on the Well #3 project.
- Water Supply ‐ Current Situation (2016) is the handout for a presentation given at the La Mesa Water Coop Annual Meeting on 4/19/2016 and the La Mesa HOA Annual Meeting on 4/26/2016. It summarizes the need for the project.
- Water Supply Plan – December 21, 2015 is a detailed analysis of current and projected demand, and general alternatives for meeting that demand, with the conclusion that Well #3 needs to be returned to service with an arsenic treatment plant.
- The La Mesa Water Cooperative Policies and Procedures for Projects or Major Repairs (10/28/15) explicitly states that funds will not be approved for a project until all necessary permit approvals, from organizations such as NMED, Sandoval County, HOA, etc.
- Coop budgets for 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 were distributed to all Coop members in 2015 and 2016 for vote, and were approved in 2015 and 2016. The “LMWC Capital Improvement & Major Repair Reserve” page has the budget for this project. Copies are available on request to: email@example.com
- LMWC_Well_3_Project_Schedule_2016_05_04_Rev_01.pdf is a preliminary project schedule prepared by Wilson Engineering. As of August 2016, it is significantly out of date, since it does not reflect actual progress, which has been much slower than planned.
- State of New Mexico > Environment Department > Drinking Water Bureau > Laws & Regulations
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Drinking Water Arsenic Rule History among many web pages and documents on the EPA website on arsenic. Search for arsenic in drinking water.
- Well 3 Siting Assessment, November 1996
- Well 3 Completion Report, April 17, 1998
Current Rates (2016)
New water rates are effective January 1, 2016; see Rate Schedule (2016).
If you have a large water bill because of a leak or some other failure, you may be eligible to have your bill re-computed with a flat rate, spelled out in the Policy on Extraordinary Water Use, which applies to all water bills dated on or after January 31, 2016,
The US Environmental Protection Agency has some very useful information about septic systems on a web page called SepticSmart. You may want to print the one page flyer, “The Dos and Don’ts of Your Septic System“.
You may also want to see the New Mexico Environment Department web page on Liquid Waste Program (Septic Tank Program).
Emergency Contact List
Occasionally we have disruptions in service or other situations where we need to urgently communicate with our members. We are establishing an email list to notify members of water emergencies and other issues in their immediate neighborhood. The list will not be used for any other purpose. The list is voluntary, but we urge you to take advantage of this opportunity. If you wish to be on the list, send your e-mail and street address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can also send you an alert as a text message to your cell phone. If you would like that, please send your cell phone number and your carrier (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) to email@example.com.
Here is some information that may be interest to residents of La Mesa and Sundance Mesa.
- New Member Packet (2016)
- Rate Schedule (2016)
- Policy on Extraordinary Water Use
- Conservation Tips and Tricks
(also known as the Consumer Confidence Report, CCR)
- Water Testing Results 2015
- Notice of Violation – 2014 Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) Failure to Publish and Report
- Water Testing Results 2014
- Water Testing Results 2013
- Water Testing Results 2012
- Water Testing Results 2011
- Water Testing Results 2010
- Water Testing Results 2009
- Water Testing Results 2008
- Water Testing Results 2007
- Water Supply Plan (12-29-2015)
- Water Supply Plan (12-1-2012)
- Water Supply Plan (12-1-2011)
- Water Supply/Demand Analysis (2010)
- Water Supply Options Analysis (2009)
- Water Supply Planning Committee Report (2009)
- Water Use Analysis (2008)
- Water Use Analysis (2007 Revised)
Board of Directors Tentative Meeting Schedule
The Board of Directors meet roughly monthly, generally on the fourth Wednesday of the month, at the Placitas Community Library at 10:00 am. The meetings are open to all members, and those with unresolved complaints or presentations they wish to make are encouraged to attend. The agenda is posted at the mail boxes prior to each meeting.
Times and dates may change to accommodate board members.
- October 26, 2016 (12 AM – 2 PM – Note time change)
- December 7, 2016
- January 11, 2017 (tentative)