Modified Restrictions on Landscape Watering
The water emergency continues, but it appears we have sufficient reserve capacity to reduce restrictions on landscape watering.
Beginning on Thursday July 12, members are asked to use automatic irrigation systems no more than twice a week.
- To reduce stress on our system, please follow this schedule.
- Homes with an even number address water Monday and Thursday.
- Homes with an odd number address water Tuesday and Friday.
- If this reduced schedule works as planned, we will consider further reductions in restrictions.
Here is how things are progressing
- Well #5 continues to be powered by generator.
- The failed electrical unit (phase converter) has been returned to the manufacturer.
- If all goes well, it will be back in service in about 2 weeks.
- Our backup converter has also failed. We may attempt local repairs.
- Progress on well #6 is going well. We are on track to have it in limited production in about 2 weeks.
- When well #5 is in normal service and well #6 is on line, the Coop will be back to normal operations.
The LMWC Board of Directors appreciates our members’ patience and conservation efforts during this difficult time.
If you have questions, please call Dennis Szarka, 867-5225, or Gordon Forbes, 771-3464.